Saturday 23 March 2013

Parking ticket received !

On 19th March, I decided to go to Oxford with friends on the train.
Car was parked at Tilehurst Train Station, and purchased pay and display ticket which was displayed on dash.








Now, part of the car park is currently fenced off due to building works so there is a reduction in available spaces.

Unfortunately, there was no "normal" spaces, so the car was parked at the end of a line of cars, in a considerate manner.

It was not blocking any road, access or other cars. It was not parked on any yellow lines, it was simply parked in a logical space. The car in question is the black Zafira.





On my return from Oxford, I was amazed to see a "Parking ticket" stuck to the car window, along with 3 other cars.

The details in the ticket say it was parked in a "Restricted Area" !!!

The fine is 80.00 but they are very kindly offering a discount to 50.00 if it is payed within 14 days.



These companies will put a ticket on your car at the drop of a hat, and they think they can bully people into paying them.

Over the next few days, I will do some research into this company and find out how to deal with their outrageous demand.

I have a feeling this is going to take several months to conclude so will keep you all updated.

Please feel free use any of the advise I find and post to help you against these crooks in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I have received exactly the same ticket in exactly the same location. What happened in the end any more letters
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25th June 2014. I have just had the exact same thing happen to me. I parked my Ford Fiesta in almost the same spot this chap did and got a ticket. lack of parking space in tilehurst is a joke at the moment. The chap in the space in front of me also did the same thing and got a ticket as did 4 other people. It is almost impossible to see the "designated parking area" due to the filth on the ground at the moment so if APCOA and First Great Western don't want people to park there, then they should make it blindingly obvious. I am going to appeal but would like to know what happened to the original complainant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the above photos it is clear that the car was not parked in a bay, there is no white line marking out the bay around the vehicle - - this is why he was given a PCN (Penalty Charge Notice)

    ReplyDelete